[BaadAssGremlins] 73 Hornet X for sale (not mine!)..Maxi-Blue in Idaho.

[BaadAssGremlins] 73 Hornet X for sale (not mine!)..Maxi-Blue in Idaho. $700?

C'mon, folks. This car seems to be *SO* worth some
effort to save! I'm tempted (as usual) to buy and
transport it back to Jersey...but I'm trying to
resist yet another car. BUY IT AND SAVE ME FROM MYSELF!!

Considering the $700-$800 price, and that much again
for transport, you'll invest $1600 before fixing a
thing...but she looks worth it to me, being so complete
and un-altered.

It's been on eBay a few times, and for sale for quite
a while (as I have several photos archived from last
year). Here are some specs, per the seller:

"Vehicle Description

This is an easy restoration. All original, one owner,
documented low mile 1973 AMC Hornet X hatchback. I
have all the original paperwork. It is heavily
optioned: 258, auto, visibility group, hidden storage
compartment, vinyl roof, Twin Grip, heavy duty
suspension (part of the trailer towing package), A/C
package, P/DB, P/S, rear window defogger, tilt wheel,
light group, am radio, energy absorbing rear bumper,
protection group and scuff moulding. It is Maxi Blue
w/ blue vinyl interior and white vinyl top. The
winning bidder will have the option of purchasing an
NOS AMC Hornet tent kit which includes the vinyl
covered mattress pad (very rare!) that was available
with the kit for $300.00. Everything is there and
unmolested.

Vehicle Condition

Exterior: One very minor 1/8" rusthole and one 3/4"
rust crack in the quarters. A few other surface rust
areas and as you can see some paint missing. Other
than dents on the bottom of each door the body and
trim are very straight.
Interior: Carpet is good but faded, seats need redone.
The rest of the interior is nice with the exception of
the drivers door panel. Drivetrain: Runs good but
needs a tune up. "No" fluid leaks. Needs brakes bled
and a tailpipe."

See the ended auction at-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2490285197
then contact the seller at
LynnJPedersen@xxxxxxx

I have several better photos I can forward to interested
parties, so ask.

It's interesting how Gremlins get so much attention
and love for being so 'odd' looking, and late-Javelins
get a similar adoration, yet the car right in-between
seems to be a less-revered, if not near-forgotten, item
(unless it's an SC/360 version). My theory is this-
to non-AMCers, it's just another AMC- not worthy of
their attention. To AMCers (who like the quirky
designs and underdog aura), the Hornet hatchback is
just too mainstream and normal looking. No chopped
rear, no huge flares or roof spoilers...nothing to
attract the oddball lover in us. But then, doesn't
that make in an oddball of an AMC?? Whatever...I've
always thought they were one of the most balanced,
attractive and classy shapes AMC put out. They should
have been a much bigger hit than they were. I know there
needs to be more of them at the shows I've been to.

Go BUY IT, damn it!!

John

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used