RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Ardsley Show & AMC Owner's Participation

RE: [BaadAssGremlins] Ardsley Show & AMC Owner's Participation

I haven't spoken to my friend since the show ended. 4 of us caravaned
back to Yonkers where we all went out separate ways home. My 74 Hornet,
my friend's wife driving the 63 Rambler and his cousin driving his 74
Sportabout and my friend driving his 68 AMX. So at this moment I have no
idea on what his plans are for a spring show. I did manage after talking
him into the spring show this past spring to make it a month later than
the previous year and to have a rain date that he never had for either
show. The fall one was rained out last year. It's all up to him on what
happens. If it happens count on me to help and be here.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

--- Begin Message ---
Oh, I'm not suggesting the show wasn't done properly.
I was simply offering ideas that might help it draw a
few more cars next time.

My thought was that if you have as many AMCs-per-capita
in a specific radius of Yonkers as you do within a
similar radius of, say, Lawrenceville, PA, you might
expect a reasonably similar amount of participants...
unless something else wasn't 'equal'. The Chilson show
drew 120 cars last year, but only about 70 this time.
As far as I know, the show didn't change dramatically,
so only the threat of rain may have knocked the number
down. But various factors like the site's history, the
owner's long AMC involvement, the buffet, and other
specifics contribute to the show's draw. Some of this can't
be 'created'- not every show can be held on a former AMC
Dealership lot.

Now, comparing the 22 cars you had last spring to the 12
last Sunday, you lost almost half the cars (tho all may
be there in the spring and then some). Chilson's saw a
similar drop....and I know they'll do it again next year.
It may simply be a fluctuation- that's all. As I said,
events of my Hornet's shipping conspired to make me miss
the show...that would have been 13 cars. In effect, s**t
happens...I wouldn't go writing an epitaph for the event.
"Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."

Tell your buddy to roll with it. The turnout may not have
been a lack of interest, but merely a matter of timing
and luck this time.

I plan to haul my Hornet everywhere in October and to as
many events next year as I can afford to attend. But my
missing others is no reflection on those events...I
simply can't hit 'em all. :)

John