[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Ardsley Show & AMC Owner's Participation

[BaadAssGremlins] Re: Ardsley Show & AMC Owner's Participation

  Someimes there are too many shows going on now. This weekend we
have a poker run on sat and one of the model clubs I belong to has
there meeting show also ( they meet twice a year ). The  guys
putting on the poker run are friends of mine. They are raffling off
a Stude Bullet Nose wall hanging. I was also told I might have to
work on sat. Too much and not enough time.
                                 SCOTT

--- In BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John W Rosa"
<JohnRosa@xxxx> wrote:

> Oh, I'm not suggesting the show wasn't done properly.
> I was simply offering ideas that might help it draw a
> few more cars next time.
>
> My thought was that if you have as many AMCs-per-capita
> in a specific radius of Yonkers as you do within a
> similar radius of, say, Lawrenceville, PA, you might
> expect a reasonably similar amount of participants...
> unless something else wasn't 'equal'. The Chilson show
> drew 120 cars last year, but only about 70 this time.
> As far as I know, the show didn't change dramatically,
> so only the threat of rain may have knocked the number
> down. But various factors like the site's history, the
> owner's long AMC involvement, the buffet, and other
> specifics contribute to the show's draw. Some of this can't
> be 'created'- not every show can be held on a former AMC
> Dealership lot.
>
> Now, comparing the 22 cars you had last spring to the 12
> last Sunday, you lost almost half the cars (tho all may
> be there in the spring and then some). Chilson's saw a
> similar drop....and I know they'll do it again next year.
> It may simply be a fluctuation- that's all. As I said,
> events of my Hornet's shipping conspired to make me miss
> the show...that would have been 13 cars. In effect, s**t
> happens...I wouldn't go writing an epitaph for the event.
> "Reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated."
>
> Tell your buddy to roll with it. The turnout may not have
> been a lack of interest, but merely a matter of timing
> and luck this time.
>
> I plan to haul my Hornet everywhere in October and to as
> many events next year as I can afford to attend. But my
> missing others is no reflection on those events...I
> simply can't hit 'em all. :)
>
> John

The "Key" is
> participation, I know that there are not a lot of AMC's around and
they
> are spread thin. With all my disabilities and there are to many to
even
> mention or I would make myself depressed I managed to bring one
car. As
> far as holding a pole of members of internet groups in the tri-
state
> area, I am not interested. If you feel like using my original E-
Mail to
> this group to do so feel free to use it with my blessing. Me I am
going
> to do what I have done for the last 40 years, own and drive my
AMC's and
> enjoy them. I may take the yellow one out to the local cruise
tonight
> with the wife for some fun as the season is coming to an end soon.
By
> the way the only thing lacking on the show site is a place for the
> children to play at. The only child in 4 years that I know of was
the
> the daughter of the person that put on the show. Later all. Time
now to
> go drive the Flamed Yellow Hornet, I drove the orange one all
morning
> doing errands. It is so nice  to have 2 AMC's to drive.
> "Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used