[BaadAssGremlins] Old Problems Solved Onto The Next Ones On The Orange C

[BaadAssGremlins] Old Problems Solved Onto The Next Ones On The Orange Car

The alt. problem appears to finally be solved after almost a year. The
running hot problem seems to be solved with the installation of a
rebuilt radiator and a new water pump. Although it now runs as cool as
my yellow car when it was parked it would spit out a bit of antifreeze,
the other c never did. I cured that with a coolant recovery kit and
checked to make sure it works and it does. I went to have the exhaust
manifold tightened up yesterday as I hear it leaking and we found the
last stud in the very back broken off. Tightened up the rest of them and
left it for now. I must have picked up a nail on my way to the shop 6
blocks away in the right rear tire because it was going flat as the car
was being worked on. We also found the new carb appeared to be leaking.
Apparently the guy didn't check the screws on it before he installed it.
We also went to check the fuel tank sender and the ground wire just
crumbled. Monday the new sender gets installed. I am not doing anything
on this car that there might be a problem with till after the Ardsley
show this sunday as I am only taking this car. Also since the new motor
mounts we're installed there is a slight vibration in the drive train. I
assume since the tranny mount fell out in3 pieces it might have been
masking dry or bad universal joints. They are next on the list for next
week along with a new tranny seal when the fuel tank sender is replaced.
Hopefully all the mechanical repairs will be done before the winter
comes and I can get back to work on the interiors in both cars.
"Doc"

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used