Re: [BaadAssGremlins] One More Slips Through My Fingers & The Moment Has

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] One More Slips Through My Fingers & The Moment Has Passed

From: AMC74HORNET@xxxxxxxxx
Date: 2004/09/17 Fri AM 06:45:43 EDT
To: BaadAssGremlins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [BaadAssGremlins] One More Slips Through My Fingers & The Moment Has Passed

Doc keep the two you have for now,that old saying comes to mind'A bird in hand is better than two in the bush'i'm on a very small budget with my Gremlin,thats why i had to get rid of my very rough 73 Javelin becuase my Gremlin was 100 times better in shape.
Bart

Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

I never heard back from the guy with the 427 Chevy powered 69 AMX and
see it is now on eBay. I lost interest and also I found out it did not
run. I did not hear through my friend about the V8 Hornet either. My son
said he saw it advertized on the North East AMC's site. So I took a look
and now the add say's the car has a 360 not a 304.  I took the phone no#
down and called him yesterday afternoon. After telling me all he did to
the car and that he had spent 15,000$ on the car he said he wanted
5,500$ for it. It is a 304 with a factory 3 speed that has an Edelbrock
carb/manifold/cam kit. It really is a nice car but 5,500$ is not a
realistic price and I told him so. He said he would keep the car and
just take it and store it at his new house if he couldn't sell it for
his price. He said he had some one interested in it from Arizona and bla
bla bla. I said 3,000$ was a more realistic price and was about to tell
him if he didn't sell it that he should give me a call if he couldn't
sell it. Before I could say that he hung up on me. PI$$ on him. I got 2
Hornets, I might have gone for 3,000$ as he was crying to my friend that
he needed money for his new house. Also he told my friend and his cousin
that if he couldn't sell it for 5,500$ he would sell it to one of them
if they wanted it for 3,000$. Oh well the moment has passed. That's
3,000$ that will stay in the budget fund for work on both of the Hornets
I already have. That leaves me a total of roughly still 6,000$ to spend
on both cars.
"Doc"