[BaadAssGremlins] Power Steering

OK gang I have a problems with my power steering pump. It is leaking  fluid from the filler cap. Anyone have this problem before. I have been told it is one of two things. One guy told me it was an internal seal out of the pump and other guy told me to replace the hoses and it would be alright. Of course if I replace the pump I would replace the hoses. I guess I am asking you guys would you just replace the hoses or while I am working on it should I replace the pump while I am at it. I have never replaced one. is there anything I should know before I tear into it.
Thanks
Terry