Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] Re: Fuel Pump Question

If I was worried about looks that I would do with my fuel lines too. I see that in some pretty big sizes I might even try to put a little insulation around the fuel lines before I put the loom on. Since I have a six I never raise the hood of mine at shows so I have never really worried what it looked under there so that is why I just went with the clothes pins. Lately though I have seen more and more guys with 6's with thier hoods up. Cleaning my engine compartment, putting my chrome valve cover on and other goodies on it that I have collected over the years is on my to do list that never gets done.
Terry

Robert <baddassgremlin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes, that filter might have had just enough crap in it to effect the
performance. Another thing that keeps coming up in the group is
possible vapor locking on many of our cars. Just because the fuel
line is right where the factory put it, does not mean that it is not
too close to a heat source. You may have to reroute the fuel line so
it is further away from the heat source. But try this first: wrap the
fuel line with plastic wire loom that is slightly larger than the gas
line. This will insulate the fuel line a bit from the heat, and you
could even buy the colored wire loom if you wanted something besides
black. If you think that the plastic loom will melt because it is too
close to something,,,,,, then the fuel line is too close to that heat
source and should be moved. Bob in MN.

--- In BaadAssGremlins@yahoogroups.com, GrublinX@... wrote:

> In a message dated 6/10/2007 11:15:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> baddassgremlin@... writes:
>
> Besides, the old one is probably dirty anyway, put a shiny
> new one on, this IS the WIFES show car ! ! ! ! Spare no
expense ! !

> Mr. Bob, you are a hoot!
> The fuel pump that is on the car was obviously changed in the not
too
> distant past. I say this because it is a bit more shiny than the
rest of the engine
> parts. (Not that this means it's good.) After I checked the
pressure I took
> the filter off to see if it was clogged. I wiped it down and blew
through it,
> spraying it's contents all about the planet. Funny thing, after
wards I took
> my dad for a ride so he could experience the car acting up. OF
course, it ran
> fine! I suggested that maybe there was a piece of "whatever" in
the filter
> and I blew it out. He just laughed at me. I am going to take it
out this
> afternoon and run it to see what happens.
>
> Charlie
>
> "Cool Factor X"

http://www.aol.com.

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center. __._,_.___