[BaadAssGremlins] Throw Away AMC's

Hey Terry I forgot about the Alliance. Mainly because I have only seen
one, even when they were new.  I looked it over as a friends cousin had
it. This was back in the late 80's early 90's. It was nothing special
like the throw away cars of today. It had absolutely no style or
character to make you want to buy it. The other one I remember now was
some kind of Eagle I think not the 4 wheel drive cars we know as Eagles
but a squarish 4 door sedan that came out as AMC was absorbed by Das
Mopar. They sold it for a few years as a Dodge Monaco I think. Again
nothing to make you want to buy one. A friend of mine who was a car
salesman had a used one off the used car lot where he worked as a
temporary replacement for his demonstrator which he sold one time. I
rode in it. It was an easy car for me to get my fat old crippled ass
into for a 4 door and rode nice but that was it. This was supposed to be
AMC's first all new car design as I believe the Alliance was a French
design. Neither would have generated enough sales to help save AMC in my
opinion.
"Doc"