Re: [BaadAssGremlins] NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Re: [BaadAssGremlins] NOS Gremlin Grill on eBay

Hi Bill, not nuts at all. Sometimes the sum of the parts are worth more than
the whole car. For $663, someone could have bought my whole running Hornet
for $550:
http://epage.com/js/mi/c0/1621044.html
but even it is worth more apart than whole.
As for the Gremlin grill, I have seen both styles, solid black and solid
silver for 70-73 and do not know why, but am assuming it was a different
'run' of them made at possibly a later date like 1975, or 1976. Might have
even been a different supplier as AMC had already bought WheelHorse
Plastics, but do not know if they were not pressing AMC grills, or had
access to the dies to do them. To compare them with several other NOS
grills, here is a 75-76 and a 77-78 George Gimzek has for sale:
http://stores.ebay.com/Amc-Parts-Unlimited_W0QQsspagenameZL2QQtZkm

I want to also mention that a NOS 68-69 Javelin grill will set someone back
about $1K, a 70 AMX NOS grill about $1200-$1900, and a 70 Javelin NOS grill
I just had in stock sold for I believe $1200. The 68-69 AMX grills were
reproed many years ago and can easily be found for about $175.

Bottom line? Really simple. For years I have preached and griped and whined
about the massive parts crisis AMCers face. Some got it, others did not. But
we simply passed the point several years ago where there were "X" amount of
parts left for "Y" amount of cars and sadly, now what is out there is out
there and it is not much, and can easily surpass your price you might have
paid for the vehicle if you want that original piece on it. There are
handfuls of original nOS items left, and in 90% of the cases, 0% chance of
reproduction on that item. I don't see a 70-73 Gremlin grill ever being
reproduced, as start up costs alone would be over $15K. Alternatives?
Plastic weld kits, JB Weld and other epoxies used to fix and extend the life
of your grill, at a fraction of the cost of something like above grill
mentioned.
Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com
volume of email is currently EXTREMELY
HEAVY 8-22 day replies, call if important