Re: [AMC-list] AMC Engines

I would run the '87 head and valve cover but test the water ports for exposure to avoid seepage. Some have the cam button after the aluminum valve cover became stock for the 4.2L.

From: Jim Shadwick <james@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:james@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] AMC Engines

Hi guys...would the 1987 258<tel:1987%20258> have the same timing cover as the
4.0...thanks...Jim

On 02/10/2017 02:19 PM, Jim Blair wrote:
For some strange reason I want to say your name is Andy? ;)

'82+ 4.2L would be best dealt with by having a 4.0L for parts. 4.0L Timing cover has a cam button plate built in and the cam bolt has the spring ball built in.
    '87-08/90 Renix head works to get rid of the plastic valve cover but HO breathes better.