Re: [AMC-list] what happened to amc-list/amc groups on internet

Re: [AMC-list] what happened to amc-list/amc groups on internet

You can read and reply to the AMC-List from the internet at www.amcyclopedia.org. You have to register with the AMC-List at www.amc-list.com for any replies to be echoed to the list.

The AMC-List is an old-fashioned mailing list. Some people prefer that to the web based "forum" style. There are advantages and disadvantages to each -- mainly it's just preference. If you want to search the AMC-List for old posts you have to go to www.amc-list.com and review the archives. The archives can be searched from that page. If you prefer an entire year can be downloaded, put into a word processor, then the search feature of the WP is used to search the archive. The list is archived from 2007 to the present. You may want to save them all for future reference.

The only reason the AMC-List still exists is that some prefer the mailing list style of communication. Over the years many have left and gone over to one of the web based forums as they get more familiar with them. That has been expected. Eventually the numbers on the list will dwindle to the point it's not worth keeping up the server, but I've paid for it for the next couple years already. As long as it is being used I'll keep it up.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine