Re: [AMC-list] what happened to amc-list/amc groups on internet

Re: [AMC-list] what happened to amc-list/amc groups on internet

I think what happened is everyone up north got polar vortex syndrome. So working on cars in heated garages perhaps. Seems most people gravitated to Facebook, some of those groups are specialty make only, but have grown literally overnight! There is actually a 'dedicated' Facebook AMC file on my site with a number of those groups links.

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/amc-facebook/amc-groups-on-facebook.htm

Pros & cons here ya'll. The good is lot of fellow AMCers you might recognize & you can put up photos in seconds of whatever AMC. The bad is that certain threads get buried as time goes on, so not a link-type format. So hard to search certain topic for instance whereas some of the forum type settings have designated areas.

For you old timers, you might remember Jim Stone's original AMX-Files type list, and had a actual list of threads lined up like railroad tracks. Later he installed some WIX type program, but same type format, but easy referencing also. But like everything in short term attention span world, this too became obsolete almost overnight like iPhone 4!!

I'm sure some of ya'll on Twitter, I am not as can't think of anything to say in 140 characters & don't want to crash their site trying otherwise. Instagram popular with younger folks, which to me, are future of hobby, but none of them want to join frumpy forums with all the bitching & issues and many even now think Facebook is uncool in recent study. If you search 'facebook uncool' watch it light up, even with reports on news channels, here is one
http://www.independent.ie/tablet/technology/uncool-facebook-dead-and-buried-as-teens-unlike-it-in-droves-study-says-29870911.html

And like mentioned above, something else 'new fangled' will come along and everyone gravitate to anyways. You know the routine.

This stupid question but what is chance to update amc-list or would it be worth it? You still see it pop up on a number of online searches with the 'amc encyclopedia' tag line, but hard to find it online, and might be nice to incorporate some of the best of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat so would bring in more people. I had to actually do google search for AMC Encyclopedia and found it:
http://www.amcyclopedia.org/

I realize it is non profit site also & do NOT want a 'head count' of how many people may/may not be on here though! Just some random thoughts. Have seen a number of places simply fade to black, the Eagle Nest was on/off internet now gone, but had 'thousands of members' of which is like saying every Major League Baseball vote is 'real' though. (I sometimes fill out hundreds of them for lowly Astros, worst in league 3 years straight!) Gremlinx.com also gone for about year, may/may not come back.

Ya'll toss it around if can be tossed at all topic!
Eddie Stakes
713-464-8825 days
www.planethoustonamx.com