Re: [AMC-list] Michael Knight AMC 401 scam craigslist

Indy is still making an aluminum 401 block, according to their website.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jack Dale" <mercendarian@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Michael Knight AMC 401 scam craigslist

Seeing as how the AMC engine people came up with the latest 360 block for Mopar, was that 360: usable to bore/stroke to 401 for Our (AMC) purposes?...was that 360 the "base" for the re-intro of the two recent, smaller than 426, Hemis? There's a "Knight Industries" building, just south of the 101(near 19th Ave), in Phoenix, Az. There's also a "Knight" that owns a trucking company(Knight Trucking--dozens of red, Kenworth tractors), again, in the Phoenix area, Az. Does anyone cast aluminum 401 blocks? 232 & up aluminum blocks? Do you know of any alloy heads for the AMC V-8s, like "Trick-flow" WITH/without the '70-plus exhaust dog-leg? There's a Nexus of a million(?) AMC Jeeps that regularly, need engines, with excess smelting/foundry capacity, here, in this country. If there aren't any AMC-pattern engines that are being made in alloy, blocks & heads, there Should be, imho. Did you know, the first 4.2 Jaguar heads were modified to match the bores of the smaller XKs like the 3.4L and the 3.8L? I think if the Maserati or BMW heads are "out-of-patent", they could "fit" an AMC block, allowing the 3.4 AMC 6L & up to become DOHC-6s. If large enough, a 3-D replicator could do a DOHC alloy-substrate head for ANY AMC, cheaper than casting/billet, and nearly as strong.