Re: [AMC-list] 63-65 classic/ambassador front shocks

I bought Tom's 63 2 years ago and the front shocks are a little tall and it is one of the cars I'm wanting shocks for. I will pull one off the 64 and compare it with the front shocks on the the 63 wagon.

-----Original Message----- From: Joe Fulton
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:17 PM
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] 63-65 classic/ambassador front shocks

Butch,

Here's what Tom Jennings used on his 63 classic which he owned for many years.

Monroe 31069 (was 1069), apps: 65-72 Mustang 302 rear.
Also KYB KG5517 gasadjust
KYB 343219 GR2 line.

I may be looking for some of the same shocks when I get around to putting my 63 Classic on the road. I have a 64 Classic in the yard right now but I don't recall if I put new front shocks on it and I'm too lazy to go check right now.

Regards,
Joe Fulton