Re: [AMC-list] Have a great AMC day

Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 17:33:20 -0400
From: Jeff D<mr_amc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hope to put a clutch in my '80 Concord wagon in the next few weeks.  Then I will finally get the answer as to how many splines  ETC on the imput shaft to the 4 speed, which I believe is an SR4..

 Would love to have a 2WD T5, without having to do the modify a Ford one, but if I remember right, there is only one hole in the bell housing that is slightly off??

 Somewhere I saved the e-mail with what was needed to do.

  Anyone out there remember??

  Jeff

 in Charleston.

The Ford Mustang V-8 (early) T-5 bolts right up to the SR4 bell. The T-5 is a derivative of the SR4, basically and SR4 with OD. AMC only used the SR4 four speed in the small cars with the six or 304 (79 only). If you look up any AMC T-5 swap site they will have all the info you need. Doesn't matter if six or V-8 -- the V-8 swap uses the six SR4/T-5 bell housing.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine