From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
To: Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Valve springs
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:22:26 -0400

No, all the springs are rated the same. The end that has the coils just
a little closer together should be toward the head, that's the only note
in the TSM concerning valve springs. I think you will find the paint on
the close coil end.

I would assume someone marked them at one time indicating intake and
exhaust with different colors, but that's just a guess. Shouldn't hurt
where they are.