Re: [AMC-list] AMC crossmember & rear end interchange questions

Re: [AMC-list] AMC crossmember & rear end interchange questions

Afraid no on both accounts.
I know first hand that the rear end won't bolt right in, I tried to fit a jav rear into a 65 American.
The xmember won't either. American family on the Xmember is the American-Hornet-Concord-Spirit line. The Jav will work but it will need extensive welding, better to spend the time on the existing Xmember.
Put a mounting plate sandwiched between the mounting rubber and the I6 pad to tie everything together. You will need the short engine mount towers.
Or just start from scratch. The I6 Xmember is plenty strong for a stock engine, even a slightly modded one....Russ