Re: [AMC-list] 65/66 classic tail lights

Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 08:15:04 -0600
From: "L.D. Lyons"<ldlyons@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Can someone tell me if the taillights will interchange between 65 and 66 classic sedans

I just looked in the TSMs -- I'm afraid not! The 66 tail lights don't wrap around nearly as far as the 65 -- the 66 lights are longer on the side and back than the 65. The 65 look shorter as well, but that may be an optical illusion due to the difference in length.

It would take a bit of metal work to swap them, but it looks like you could put the housings from the 65 in the 66 without too much work since the 66 lights are longer (assuming they are the same height). That's if you wanted a customized car instead of a restoration.... I like the larger lights myself, has to be a bit safer!

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine