[AMC-list] Sad demise for this Machine

With just over 53K miles, it appears Sandy may have made this RWB Rebel one of its victims along with many other classics.  :(

There used to be a Rebel Machine registry years ago that might have the VIN to id who may have owned it at the time.  Maybe the owner is on the mailing list.  Either way, I'm sorry for the owners' loss.  I'd have broken down and cried at the loss of my girl.

I can't help but wonder what the car went through to sustain this kind of damage, but it looks like something very large and rectangular must have fallen on it.

Since it's now destined as a parts car, there are still plenty of usable items.  From what I can tell in the pictures, the grill, wheels, shifter handle, windshield washer reservoir and air cleaner assembly are not stock.

Before the damage, the car was valued at $21K.  That seems a bit high to me considering the wheels and stock air cleaner assembly are hard finds themselves.

The current bid is $2900. Parts in general for a car this rare can be hard to locate especially those little detail items never thought about till you need them.  Prime example:  The hood hinge spring that broke on mine a couple of years ago,  It was a tough search, but I finally managed to find one.

Here's a link to the auction site.

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e1s1&lotId=28020322&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS