Re: [AMC-list] AMC exotic engines

I have no idea what your saying about spun bearings in an AMC V8. I have owned several AMC V8s and never once spun a rod bearing.

I think your confusing #7 rod bearing with the SBC's they are the one that spun #7 all the time. My nephew owned 7 of the 350 Chevy's and 6 of them spun #7 rod bearing. One of the six 350s broke 3 rods and yep #7 was one of them.

Now most people for high performance apps run a copper line, Which only last for short time. Lots of guy years later have removed the intake and found the line had broken off most likely long before the engine failed given the experiments we've done. You need a flex steel line.

We pulled the intakes after everyrace found that 8 out of 10 times the line was busted off in just weekend of racing. So flex steel nothing.

MHD sr.
Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile