Re: [AMC-list] AMC Experimental/Exotic Engines

Re: [AMC-list] AMC Experimental/Exotic Engines

You all are looking to Chrysler ? ? ?
Well when AMC was circling the drain just before Renualt bought in a lot of stuff was "shipped/Shifted" to AM General. AM General has the largest stock pile of vintage AMC technology.

They have all kinds of goodies tucked away, An AL 540ci AMC V8 and a AL 600ci AMC V8 for aviation/Naval usage. Some of were produced in small numbers from '57-'75. There is also an 800ci V12 that was built but never used for mil-spec tanks.

A 3 axled front wheel drive Motor-home/Camper vehicle, Small handful produced used by "Holiday Rambler"

The first 3 Humvee's, one 401 powered, One Cummins I4 powered, and one Isuzu I6 powered.

They also built a few Cabover Humvee's too.

AM715 shortbed and AM720 longbed lived on in a1 and a2 series produced until 1983. The a2 series were Isuzu 6BD I6 diesel powered. In '87 and '89 they got re-manufactured updated to turbo charged diesels, To the 6BD1T.

They also made Cherokee ambulances and Wagoneer personal carriers configured with the same power train as the trucks.

715/720 = 258/T18/D20/D44-D60.
A1 series = 360/T18/D20/D60-D60.
A2 series = 6bd/Spicer 5spd/NP Tcase/D70-D70. ('87 n '89 got 6bd1t)

Std = SUA Sprong Under Axle.
A1/A2 = SOA Sprong Over Axle.

I actually own pair of the AM715/720a2 pickups !

I could go on for days, I can only leak certain things others I can't say a thing about unless its already been made public knowledge.

MHD Sr. AMG '71-'12 retired.
Sent from my BlackBerry® by Boost Mobile