Re: [AMC-list] 1971 Hornet Sport About trim removal

Re: [AMC-list] 1971 Hornet Sport About trim removal

Rod,

Do a google search on "removing windshield moldings" and you'll see references to a tool that is sold for this purpose. You position this flat tool along the windshield surface and insert it under the moldings and move it until you encounter a clip. You can pull outward on the clip and the molding will release at that point.  Once you have removed one molding the process will make for sense to you.  Be careful not to chip the edge of the glass if you expect to reuse it.  A chip can easily lead to a crack which will ruin your windshield or make it illegal in a safety inspection State.

Joe Fulton