[AMC-list] Hornet Project For Sale in Florida - Mine

[AMC-list] Hornet Project For Sale in Florida - Mine

Hello AMC friends,

I have a nice '73 Hornet X (hatchback) project car that I was building with my son. He headed off to college in August and the desire and the time needed to finish this project has come to a stop. You are welcome to come and check it out in Orlando Florida. Car has always been garaged.

The car was purchased in AZ in 2009 and brought to Florida via a transport company. I have all the before pictures from AZ and also recent Florida pictures from earlier in the summer. I brought the car from an elderly seller in Sedona AZ. The guy was an artist and he and his wife were the original owners. The car has a clear Florida title in my name. He told me he got a hatchback to carry all his paintings around.

The car has PS, PDB and A/C. It is the Hornet Hatchback model which was featured in the James Bond Man with the Golden Gun doing the spiral stunt.

The car is pristine in terms of no rust, just some light pitting in the battery tray apron. There are 2 small dents in the rear quarter panel and the car has never been wrecked. Chrome is like brand new. Hood and fenders are prepped for painting at this time.

I have completely rebuilt the front suspension with new ball joints, new upper/lower A arm bushings and shocks. Also all new strut rod bushings and sway bar bushings. Everything was blasted and restored with black powder coating including the suspension parts, engine cross member and tranny cross member. Car has all the V8 stuff including the Dana 20 rear end (not posi) and V8 (not straight 6) cross member and motor mount brackets. The V8 stuff alone is worth $500. Gas tank and all undercarriage is pristine. Glass in tinted and in excellent condition.

I also have $800 worth of NOS parts including the rare Hornet hood insect badge, rare Hornet chrome gas cap, outer and inner door handles, tail lamp lenses, marker lights, weather stripping, quartz clock conversion etc. Too many to list.

I have added a newly rebuilt steering gearbox with a faster ratio for power steering and a newly rebuilt power brake booster and new MC. The car has a brand new 3 core factory Blackstone radiator and a/c heavy duty shroud.

I will also throw in a V8 360 block, crank, set of pistons and a 904 automatic Chrysler tranny that was working when it was removed in 2011.

The car does need work on the interior as the seats are original and the fabric is shot. Carpet is shot. Interior panels are pretty nice. Headliner is in good shape. Dash pad has some cracks and needs to be replaced. Tires hold air. The rims are basic steel wheels with hubcaps.

Please contact me via email or call me at the work phone listed below.

Jeffrey Thomas
M&FC Independent Cost Evaluation
Phone: 407-356-4727