Re: [AMC-list] Met a guy very interested in my '65 (OHC six)

Re: [AMC-list] Met a guy very interested in my '65 (OHC six)

Just to add to the comments...
I think GM has proven pretty well the OHC is not the magic bullet. The
small block Chevrolet V8 is still a pushrod engine and (though I don't buy
in with the Chevy folks that it is the "same" small block for all these
years) still can be made to have great power-to-displacement ratings, be
very clean and very fuel efficient. The magic is not the location of the
cams but modern electronics. The current design of feedback-loop electronic
engine control can do things that were only dreamed of when our six was
designed. But if you look at the last iteration of the 4.0 Jeep engine that
the 258 etc evolved to, the horsepower was up, torque was up and fuel
mileage was up. Yes, the head was redesigned but still it only had 2
valves-per-cylinder and pushrods.
I think I have finally talked myself into dropping one into my Pacer.
Anybody have any info on adapting the Jeep fuel-injection harness and
computer into the 1977 AMC wiring harness?

Rick
77 Pacer wagon