 From: bruceg <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Met a guy very interested in my '65

It's a hard thing to figure out. While I think resto-mods are cool, I bought the '65 because it was so original, and where it wasn't original, it was appropriate to the mid 60's. It would be a shame to take a '65 American and essentially turn it into a '69 American. Might as well leave it as original as possible. I liked the low back bench. It's very cool. I like the three on the tree. I am a granny shifter kind of guy, and am comfortable with a slow-shifting transmission. I like the sound the 195.6 makes, enjoy torquing the head, and enjoyed adjusting the valves. I think rather than resto-modding it, I'll either drive it as original as possible, or sell it to someone that wants it original.

Nothing against customized AMCs and hot-rodded AMCs and resto-mod'ed AMCs. Frank's wagon is cool. Wrambler's 4.0 and T5 equipped American is awesome and Tom Jenning's '63 is very cool. But I think I'll sell my 232 and T14, try to get my 195.6 and T96 working again and either drive it - or go for an original looking Gremlin, Hornet or Concord.