Re: [AMC-list] GM 6 speed to AMC Gen 2

" From: Jim Boone <fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" On the fitment - I'm confused.  I see where there is an adapter plate
" that some use - but I'd thought GM input length is ~6-7/8" and OEM
" manuals on AMCs were that if T10 or more if going to the Ford T-type
" trans.  More digging...

the t5 and toploader inputs are actually close to gm, but the amc t-10
is longer, some 2".

and as i said previously, the stock gm t56 -does-not- have the std gm
bolt pattern.  its input may also be longer, enough to handle an
adapter plate to the gm pattern.

another detail - you may be able to use an early 4.0 roller pilot
bearing.  it fits 258 cranks as well and may also fit v8 cranks, and
xj trannies up to '90 had 0.590" pilots - gm size.