[AMC-list] GM 6 speed to AMC Gen 2

I'm double checking what I think to be true for my '70 390 & '73 360.

I have seen on CL more than once 6 speed Camaro, Firebird, and sometimes Corvette transmissions for reasonable prices for LT1.  SO:

A. this will fit using a lakewood bell? is there another bellhousing option?

B.  I'd think these are rated pretty good hp and torque so would live behind my '70 390 (which I'd like to pump up some more when $$ allows!).

Shoot - I got a WC T5 behind it now I'd like to repurpose to a good running 258 that is now sitting in my rusty '72 Mat wagon.  I was thinking this would be a perfect combo for a clean '66-69 American. That's getting off subject tho.........

Thanks,

Jim Boone
Mims, FL