[AMC-list] Romney and Rambler

I received a call today from the Romney campaign. They weren't looking for money . . . they were looking for a '65 Classic!

Mitt and Ann Romney's first date was in a '65 Classic and the campaign wanted one to have at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. I am not sure what they plan to do, and we may never see it on TV since the three major networks are refusing to show key portions of the convention, but I thought it was very cool that like most Americans, Mitt Romney has a fondness for a good old American automobile. Unfortunately the few club members we have with 1965 models are unavailable, but we are able to hook him up with a 1964-1/2 Typhoon. I will post more as I know. I don't care what your political views are and I am sure most members don't care either, but it's cool that one of the candidates likes our beloved cars enough to have one present at this pivotal moment in the campaign.

Cliff Danley
First Coast AMC Club
Jacksonville, Florida