[AMC-list] made the round trip one more time

[AMC-list] made the round trip one more time

Even though the oil pressure's a little on the low side, and the
Motorcraft carb replacement is still not dialed in right, I chanced the
trip from Maine to Michigan for the Livonia show(this year honoring the
last'88 Eagle wagon) in my white'82 Eagle SX/4. I kept adding Lucas oil
stabilizer to the 15W40 deisel oil I had in it, and the oil prssure light
kept coming on less often(at idle), so must have worked. Only problem was
a power steering line blown just after the show, which took a couple days
to get a replacement, but was visiting family the week so not a problem.
Got better milage coming home than going(34gallons going, 31 coming back;
826mi one way), and lots of looky-looks, thumbs up, and toots on the way
back, and not all of them from me wandering over the center line...Still
has blow-by, but doesn't knock, and the lifters aren't rattling with the
heavier oil, so maybe not quite ready for an overhaul just yet. That will
allow the replacement reclining seats to be reupholtered and installed
next year. It's a 14-15 hour trip one way, and I don't stop, except for
gas and bathroom break, BTW, and I tend to go JUST over the
limit(usually..).