Re: [AMC-list] AMC engine production bean counters numbers

Re: [AMC-list] AMC engine production bean counters numbers

I would agree with you guys, AMC has never gotten the respect it deserves, the sad part of all this is how tough it is to dispell the old rumors. You know the AMC 390 was made by Ford, the 283 and 327 was a GM engine. People are still firmly convinced of these non truths.

I used to tell people that AMC was the only smart car manufacturer because they picked the best components from other car makers, such as GM distributors, Ford starters, and Mopar transmissions and put them on the AMC cars, I used to tell them that AMC built it's own engines, (except for a few like the GM four banger) because none of the other manufacturers built good enough engines to put in AMC cars so AMC built their own! Boy did that get their goat........

Have a great AMC day,

Armand

P.S. I see that 69 SSAMX didn't get sold, the bids stopped at $81,100. Also the clone 71 Trans Am Javelin has been relisted several times without meeting the reserve. I saw this one go up to $70,000 some or a little more. The great news is, I believe the actual 71 Penske/Donohue Javelin (reskinned 70) is the highest valued TA car in vintage TA car auction history, 800 some thousand bucks it sold for last year. Great news if you're selling it, sucks for us poor bastards who can never afford it.........

Eddie,I think Armand is talking about '70 390's in particular. With the new heads and larger head bolts these are more of a rarity. But then again, it's all about if someone is looking for that engine and how much they want to pay. The first engine you listed here is mine that I've listed a couple of time and have never had a hit on....not one.The rebuild is an older one, but it's been taken care of as I mentioned in the ad but nobody wants to pay that much at one time. Joe Gray has a rolling chasis GremlinX that he mentioned on facebook/amc for $1,500. From what I read it sounds like a very solid with all the V8 options and the first comment was that was too high of a price for just a body. REALLY?????? I'm an old MOPAR man, first muscle car was a '69 roadrunner.....now a rusted out body brings a couple thousand and people whine about $1500 for a solid body. I need to sell all my rust buckets and get a couple of rust free bodies, now that would be novel. No rust to fix. AMC's just don't get the respect they should. Until the competitions had thier butts kicked by one. Dan Whitehead'70 Donohue Javelin BBO Yes & no. Rarity does not equate market value when it comes to AMC. Here is rebuilt 390 for $3500