To: <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2012 10:58 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] choke on Carter BBD 8302S on AMC 1981 Spirit 6 cyl 258

AMC 1981 Spirit 6 cyl 258 with Carter BBD 8302S carburetor

The carburetor seems tight to the intake manifold, no rocking.

I retested the "open" electric choke, this time it measured 4 ohms, not
open.  When I saw this I applied bat+ via a 1 ohm resistor (so I could
watch the current via the voltage across this resistor).  The current
when down to 1A in a few seconds and after a few minutes was .35A.
At this point the choke was visibly open.

A later test the next day showed the choke to ground resistance
infinite/open.