Re: [AMC-list] Thinking 'bout transmissions

Re: [AMC-list] Thinking 'bout transmissions

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
" "
" " A T-14 was offered starting in 1968. You'll need to modify the drive
" " shaft (it either needs to be lengthened or shortened 2 inches, I don't
" " recall which) but it will bolt right in place. At some point in the
" " early 70's, they changed the splines on the output shaft so you may need
" " to use a different front yoke if you end up with one of the last few
" " years they were made.
"
" afaik this was the only other tranny that will bolt to the t96
" bellhousing.  it also has a synchro 1st.

belatedly i recall - ford also used the t96, with their little six in
the early and mid '60s.  mustang places have t5 adapter plates that
might bolt to the amc bell too.

throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and clutch disk for this would come
from a late-'70s amc six with t150 3sp tranny.