[AMC-list] Recover seats, carpet and convertible top

[AMC-list] Recover seats, carpet and convertible top

Hi:
Does anyone have any experience with any company that makes seat cover kits.  I've found a couple online but seeking more input.  (AutomotiveInteriors.com, SMS, Original Auto Interiors, Fryer's Auto Upholstery (no answer to emails) Kantor (didn't like vinyl-too thin plus no real options in colors)  Open to suggestions for vendors that make kits.  (Also open to my purchasing marine vinyl for the covers to make the kit if necessary)    Taking the seats out, putting in new foam, padding, appears to be straight forward as well as installing seat cover kits.  Installing the interior carpet also appears to be doable for most handy people.  Any experience with this project and advice would be appreciated.

The local upholster here in the Palm Springs, CA area wants $1100 to recover the front buckets and the rear bench seat in my 66 AMC Ambassador 990 convertible (removal, rebuilt seats, vinyl and labor to recover and reinstall) .  He is also asking $475.00 for the carpet but I'm not sure exactly what carpet is supposed to be in that model vehicle as the carpet was removed when I purchased the vehicle.  Has anyone purchased carpet online with good results?

Also looked online for a replacement convertible top.  Many people offer the replacement top but using the old glass window does not seem to be an option that I have located.  I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to do the top installation.  Having a top installed appears to be 650-1100 so far.  Instruction sounds simple but I do not want to see the top in a couple of years looking like it's inflated like a balloon.

Thanks,
Ken