[AMC-list] 1973 Matador question

Well I bought a 73 Matador 4dr I found in Elfrida Arizona. Interior was darn near perfect with one little tear in the top of the back seat and the end piece of the shifter missing. Starting the tune up with the water pump, hoses, and thermostat tommorow. I think the smog pump and lines are coming off for good, they look pretty crusty.
I beleive I can just run the vaccum advance air line straight to the port in the manifold and bypass the smog pump and little valve in the back of the thermostat housing?

Troy