Re: [AMC-list] Electric Power Steering

" From: Jim Boone <fljab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I was looking to put a rack in my American - sorry, the "no feel" power steering just ain't gettin' it!

you can shim - or is it un-shim? - the ps pump relief valve to reduce
working pressure and thus ps gear power.  you can change the torsion
bar in the ps gear control valve to change sensitivity, increasing
road feel; gm [and others, including amc/jeep] have used quite a
variety over the decades and models.

electric ps could be just as numb, if that's what 'the custumer'
wants, and harder to modify if the electronics is highly integrated.

and of course nothing matches the road feel of good ol' armstrong ps.