Re: [AMC-list] Electric power steering

But we might find a Cadillac or something over here with a similar setup. Sure would like to see some pics of that installation, and to know for sure what he got it from. Might be worth having one sent over the pond, or they might be available from a Canadian supplier.

----------------
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 00:21:32 +0100
From: John Eckersley<john.eckersley@xxxxxxxxx>

The guy I know locally with a Javelin has done this.  Very neat job -
the column etc is left stock, but I believe he used a modified rag
joint.  The mountings all had to be fabricated.  The rack and pump are
from a lateish model Peugeot 307 though, so not likely to be much help
to you guys over there as I don't think they sell Peugeots in the USA
any more.

I will see the car again soonish (I hope) when we start doing our
meet-ups again - he was getting the engine rebuilt over winter, too.

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine