[AMC-list] Gear shift linkage

Ok, I didn't mention this before, but when I got my Classic to start, it tried to take off cause it was in gear, because the shift linkage won't go all the way up. It's hitting the intake now.(I had the emergency brake on so it didn't go anywhere.)

I replaced my 1 bbl setup with a 2 bbl setup from an 81 AMC Spirit with a Carter BBD carb.
 The shift link hits the intake and will not go up far enough to go into park.
 Is there a different linkage I need to get that will fix this, or do I need to manufacture something?

Online Social Network and Reputation Management for Automotive Dealerships
http://www.repgard.com