From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, March 7, 2012 2:23:22 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] shifter arm

Unfortunately Frank doesn't know for sure. The arms should be the same length
and most likely will interchange, but I can't say 100%. I believe they will
because the gear selection indicator and steering columns are the same for six
and V-8 cars. That means the shift arms have to be the same length. The bolt
hole could be a different size, but I doubt it. In any case, since the length
should be the same the M-35 arm could either be modified to fit or used as a
pattern to make one. You really just need the correct length so the quadrant on
the shifter will match the transmission. There are no detentes on the shifter --
it will move freely up and down. The detentes are on the transmission itself (in
the valve body).

Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 12:23:46 -0500
From: Wayne LaMothe<superglider@xxxxxxxx>

Not sure if it interchanges,  maybe Frank can tell us.

Wayne

--
Frank Swygert
Editor - American Motors Cars Magazine