Re: [AMC-list] million dollar amc part & nike galaxy shoes

Re: [AMC-list] million dollar amc part & nike galaxy shoes

" From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Andrew, concerning the uber long URLs I seem to encounter that with many
" websites, whether ebay, flickr, even facebook, not sure why some of the
" URL's are now over 200 characters long.

oh yeah...  urls for mapquest maps can be much longer than 200, and
seem to include everything but what you had for breakfast.

" I used the Tiny URL site only
" in pinch when some URLs are disgustingly long. On the ebay one below for
" the million dollar AMC part, I just copied it directly from site and
" this appears:
"
" http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-AMC-AMERICAN-MOTORS-JAVELIN-AMX-CHROME-Ford-Torino-Mustang-TBird-Ambassador-/110827944352?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19cddc39a0
"
" for instance, not the smaller one you had down below. Maybe there is
" trick I am missing perhaps?

i haven't seen anything that auto-generates the short url; i picked it
up from someone else.  i just saved it and paste it into docs,
copying and pasting the item# to suit.

at least in firefox, double-clicking on a text word highlights it and
ctrl-c puts it on your clipboard.

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
" "to eddie and whomever else it may concern: you can -always- reduce
" tortuous and unwieldy ebay urls to this form --
"
" http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110827944352
"
" that's not too long, and it avoids the need for a 3rd party link which
" may or may not point where it's claimed to."