Re: [AMC-list] 1970 Javelin rear brake drum size?

Re: [AMC-list] 1970 Javelin rear brake drum size?

" From: Joe <jgray_55@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" HI guys. I found a fellow with some NOS brake shoes. I need to know
" what size my rear drums are? Car is in winter storage so i can't get
" to it to remove the wheel/measure the drum. It is a 1970 SST with a
" 304/auto trans/factory AC. Anyone know if the rear drums would be 9"
" or 10"?? Seller says his book lists both sizes for a 70..even with a
" 304?? I "think" the fronts are 10"...sound right? Thankyou in
" advance for any helpful info!!! Joe

all v8s in all amcs got the amc20 rear with 10" drums.  std duty was
10" x 1.75"; hd - on the big cars at least - was 10" x 2.5".

i've heard that -export- amcs were sometimes equipped with 11" drums,
but i know of no domestic models with them.

i've seen parts books that list all brakes that were ever available on
an american, as applying to my 199.