Re: [AMC-list] interchange: AMC 360 engine with a T5 Transmission

Re: [AMC-list] interchange: AMC 360 engine with a T5 Transmission

Khalid,

John Elle did a great write up on this several years ago, following is the link to that write up.

http://home.earthlink.net/~interskalactic/website/amc/trans/trans.htm

You'll need a bellhousing from a later Jeep or AMC with a Borg Warner T5. I believe just about any manual transmission bellhousing from about 76 on is a multi pattern bellhousing and will work. Maybe some one can correct me on that one.

You'll need the throughout bearing and the clutch fork that fits a multi pattern bellhousing.

You'll need a 1-1/16 10 spline clutch disc.

Don't forget the flywheel is match balanced to the engine, only the flywheel that came with that engine is 100% correct. A flywheel can be mated and balanced with the engine if the engine is disassembled.

Read John Elle's notes on how to do it and follow his advice pretty close and you shouldn't have any troubles. I didn't when I swapped in a 93 Mustang GT T5 into the white Javelin.

Armand