From: dan whitehead <freebird_58@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: amc list <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sun, October 30, 2011 9:23:11 AM
Subject: [AMC-list] factory paint

When the cars were painted in the factory, what was the procedure and was the
undercarriage painted body color.  I've stripped down the Javelin and have found
a couple of place where there is a brown primer color instead of the
bigbadorange on the whole thing.  I also found the back window mechanisms
weren't painted body color but instead a green.  I was at the a cruise a few
weeks ago and talked with the son of the dealership owner where the car was
delivered. He was telling me he remembered my car and they had taken it to road
america for a couple of laps a couple of weeks after unloading it in '70 to
commemorate Donohue's driving for AMC.  It was pretty neat talking to him about
the car when it was new.  He was best friends with the people that bought the
car.

Just looking for a little info.
Dan Whitehead
'70 Donohue Javeln