Re: [AMC-list] AMC Javelin upgrades

" From: Troy McCall <tbmccall@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" I am considering upgrading to an electric fan, and a new electronic
" distributor on my 71 Javelin. I'm running the original 304 but its
" been bored 30 over, new cam, headers, 360 manifold, and a 600 edelbrock
" carb. I still have the stock distributor with points, and a motor
" driven flex fan. Any of you guys do these upgrades yet and what
" products did you use? Thanks, Troy

for the dist, 1st possibility would be the later duraspark unit with
the fat-cap 'tfi tuneup'.  ford electrics are considered troublesome
[though not as bad prestolite]; gm hei is much better, and easier to
recurve too.  someone's making a drop-in hei dist, and while it's
probably not cheap, parts are, and available everywhere.