Re: [AMC-list] Foam filled rocker panels

Re: [AMC-list] Foam filled rocker panels

Hi all

If you google search for waterproof spray foam for marine use or some such mixture of words, you can get an idea of the vast amount of product out there. I would have NO problem using some of that stuff in rocker panels especially if the boat builder guys are using it. Back in the day of 10-12' backyard satellite dish installs, we sometimes used a 2-part foam product instead of cement to hold those big dishes in the ground. I don't recall if we even mixed it before we poured it in, I think we may have just simultaneously poured the two parts into the hole and let it do it's magic. I can't vouch for how much the cheap stuff expands but I can vouch for the fact that the foam we used expanded so much that the pole was not moveable at all within a short period of time even with the windload on it from the big dish. I have never known of any of these installs to have a problem with the foam. If I remember correctly, to remove the pole, all we needed to do was pour acetone into the hole and the foam would disappear.

Doug