Re: [AMC-list] early 232 using 258 intake??

Re: [AMC-list] early 232 using 258 intake??

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" Andrew: would that apply to the 74 258 as well? If so I might have one.

should.

" Anyone know how deep that pulley should be?

something like 1" overall.  clearly nothing like 'regular' pulleys,
anyway.

" Bruce: You can keep the existing rear axle with no problem. You would
" just have to have a driveshaft made with the front end for the T-14
" and the rear for the big nut axle.

simple, if you get an early t14.  spline is the same as t96, so you
only need to lengthen the shaft, 2" +/-.

" I know, to most why not upgrade and make it easier to mess with the
" driveshaft later,

easier to change your own u-joints.

" -----------------
" From:adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " Having a hard time finding a '65 232 pulley for a short shaft water
" " pump ('65 American w/ 232, later CJ5 with 232). Not sure what options
" " from other manufacturers will swap in.
"
" iirc*any*jeep*  '65-'74 with the 232 will have the short pump and
" pulley.  this means big jeeps too!
"
" bruce - '68-'70 americans and javelins with 232 have the t14 and
" driveshaft you'd need, and while you can't use the jav rear [too wide],
" any '66-9 non-big-nut m15 american rear will do.