Re: [AMC-list] A/C Refrigerant Conversions

Re: [AMC-list] A/C Refrigerant Conversions

This A/C thread prompts me to ask for your advice also.
My Javelin's A/C worked perfectly for about 5 years after I bought it
(Florida car). It would absolutely freeze you out until the summer
before last when it stopped putting out cold air. I presume it leaked
out. Here in northern Illinois it's not a big deal to not have A/C, but
I would like it working for future resale. I know nothing about A/C and
figured if I got into it or took it somewhere it would need to be
converted to a new system for big bucks. Not willing to spend big bucks
it has been left alone. Bruce's comment about HC12a is interesting. I've
got a local guy who's worked on older cars for years. If he checked it
for leaks and stopped it, would it then just be a simple recharge and
I'm good? Or is it likely the compressor or something expensive
considering the age of the system?

Neil Shaw
'72 Javelin SST w/304 auto.