Re: [AMC-list] Woodward Cruise

" From: C The <kwtheaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"   >> i see the AMC-Jeep connection  was made in 1970.  i would have
"        guessed earlier.

jeep started buying amc 232s and 327s in '65, after sidelining the
tornado ohc230.

"   i lived in toledo in the early 70s and i recall Javelin-AMXs
" being produced at one of the Willys plants downtown,  must have been
" 73ish.

now that's a bit o' intelligence i hadn't heard before!

" course that's all a little vague, didn't know i should have
" been keeping notes for history back then.   When you drive by
" something a few times a day, you don't suspect you'll have a need to
" remember it.

ah, hindsight...

"      a fellow teenage friend had connections and got a summer job at
" the plant making big UAW $.  a job we all wanted.  he told stories of
" how they'd work as fast as possible, get their number required done
" in 4hrs, then play cards for 4hrs.

sounds like our trash collectors here.  a shame they aren't paid on
performance.