  Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:50:29 +0000
  From: John Lunde <lunde@xxxxxxxxxx>
  To: "amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Subject: [AMC-list] What rims should I use?

  Hello fellow AMCer's! For the past several months I've had a bit of a battle going on in my mind and I hope that I can get some feedback from you all since some of you may have also faced this question at one point or another!

  I'm in the final stages of restoring my 68 AMX and it"s time to think about wheels and rims. I'm torn between going with the original size 14" Magnum 500 series style wheels or putting on a set of aftermarket rims such as Cragar in the 16-18" diameter range.

  I love the look of an all chrome rim but have no idea what backspacing, offset etc. would be required to make this work. On the other hand the 14" Magnum 500 rims would make my car more original looking and therefore maybe this is the way to go. I'm not planing on entering my car into any car shows but at the same time I'd like my car to have that cool look of an aftermarket rim when I show up at the local cruise night!

  So if you guys could take a vote on this I'd be very grateful for the help!

  Thanks, John