[AMC-list] seats

now that i have some perspective on this car (63 American) i'm looking at it
a bit more ruthlessly re: mods. i've been commuting in my "new" 2004 scion
xB (great car) and man, the seats in the Rambler SUCK. an hour's drive is
exhausting. so i'm gonna ditch them eventually. late-model seats will go in.
would like to find some low profile seats but that seems unlikely.

the vinyl (very heavy metalflake) i chose for the seats has not held up; it
wasn't automotive material, so the UV has blackened it badly. good
upholstery work so i'll go back to the same guy.

i've never been big on religiously maintaining originality, but if i stick
with messing with cars i'm likely to head more in a weirdo-hot-rod
direction. the bottom line for me is reliability. if i'm not comfortable
taking a car on a long reasonably comfortable drive (and my standards are
low; i dislike power brakes, power steering, etc) i don't use it. still not
sure how much i trust this engine for the long haul. it's been perfect, but
all the castings are ANCIENT, and damn, if something fails far from home....
which happened to me, was hugely expensive and traumatic, and i'm unlikely
to repeat.

aesthetically i'm fine with shotgunning the driveline for an appropriately
scaled modern one. 150hp inline engine, 4- or 5-speed manual trans. no plan
for that though, and i still have that 61 hulk sitting here...