-------------
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 18:38:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: Greg Taylor<amundaza@xxxxxxxxx>

Guys,
I don't think you'll need to fill the block for putting a 401 crank into a 343 or a 360, unless you're planning on some serious HIGH?RPMs with the engine.? You're talking a difference between a 3.44 vs 3.68 stroke crank.? Also, the engine is going to need custom pistons anyhow, for use with the 401 crank&  343 bore, so why not use the aftermarket 401?H or I beam rods with the integral cap screws and you might not even have to clearance the bottoms of the cylinder bores (stock rods w/bolts would require clearancing).? When we stuffed the 390 crank into my 304 block, NO clearancing was needed with the after market 401 I-beam rods ... the cap screws allow about 1/4" more clearance, than the stock rod cap bolt/nut combo.

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor?
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"